Types of Web Hosting
- Free Web Hosting: Free website hosting has hidden charges, some free web hosting do not allow your own domain name. Okay what does that mean!, you get free hosting and you are given a name, No Choice. Some free web hosting put adverts on your web page. Do you have any say in the adverts ? No. Do you receive revenue! No. To Monitor your web usage they put their code on your website! so does that matter! If they put it outside the HTML tags so it will not validate accessibility standards then yes.
- Individual Web Hosting is where one person pays for space on a live server and maintains the space with the help of a developer or themselves. This type of hosting can be bought for personal websites all the way to secure socket layer secure cash transactions. The individual cost range from about £20 per Year for a very small space with the domain name extra.
- Shared website hosting Shared website hosting is where a part of a server is sold and many websites can stored on this part of the server. This partition can be used by web developers to to host all the sites they have developed, the other way shared hosting can used is if a group of individuals to buy the space and share the costs. If you have bought space with a group of individuals the IP address for all the websites is the same, such as http://192.0.2.0/~yourWebsiteName and the next web site will be http://192.0.2.0/~nextWebsiteName, if for any reason one of the websites was removed from the World Wide Web by the courts that part that is taken down pending legal action will be http://192.0.2.0/ plus all named extension. if you are sharing the hosting space with other individuals they will have access to each others website, if someone feels they have been aggrieved they may act childish and deface the other websites.
- Dedicated hosting also called a dedicated server these can be self managed through a virtual computer or managed for for you, A dedicated server is aimed at business's, they usually come with a host of extras such as a secure socket layer to accept cash transactions over the internet. A dedicated server is usually held in a server farm, if it is managed for you there are service charges. Using a dedicated hosting service offers the benefits of high performance, security, email stability, and control. It is mostly used by websites that receive a large volume of traffic and require a lot of security. Dedicated hosting server providers utilise extreme security measures to ensure the safety of data stored on their network of servers, they do this by employing people to hack into the service and then take security measures to stop unwanted access. This constant security makes the websites on dedicated servers and the data they store one of the most secure methods
- Cloud web hosting is a collection several servers. This means that your website uses the virtual resources of several servers to accommodate all the aspects of hosting your site. The load is balanced, security therefore is over all the servers, hardware resources are available through a virtual computer so they can be used when needed. This collection of servers is the cloud. As the Cloud hosting is balanced over a collection servers it is better equipped to handle a surge in seasonal websites or suited to business's they keep out growing their hosting package, with cloud computing all you do is pay for more space. This is known as an on-demand hosting package.
Contact Iain Tait web design and we will find the best solution to suit your needs.